Paul Deaton, MD
BORN: Memphis, Tennessee.
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOOL: B.S. Biology, Rhodes College, Memphis.
MEDICAL SCHOOL: University of Tennessee, Memphis.
RESIDENCY: University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL. Internal Medicine.
FELLOWSHIP: University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL. Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Deaton is an Intensivist Physician and is board certified in the following:
- American Board of Internal Medicine, valid through 12/31/2012.
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Pulmonary Diseases, valid through 12/31/2022.
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Critical Care Medicine, valid through 12/31/2013.
Date joined Mid-South Pulmonary: 1997
Dr. Deaton works as an intensivist at Methodist University Hospital.
- Attending Physician, Methodist University Teaching Service.
- Board Member, MetroCare Physicians.
- Chairman, Critical Care Committee, Methodist Healthcare.
- Medical Director, ICU, Methodist University Hospital
- Medical Director, Respiratory Therapy, Methodist University Hospital.
- Medical Director, F.C.C.S. program (Fundamentals of Critical Care Support).
Dr. Deaton lives in Memphis with his wife and two children. His hobbies include camping and fishing with his family, golf, snow-skiing, water sports, and running.